How did this come to be one of our most highly rated day trips on our Brisbane things-to-do bucket list? We will tell you!
I found this place on such a whim of a Google search —“What to do in Munbilla”. This caught my eye immediately because well…CAMELS…say what?! I had no idea that camel farms even existed. I didn’t even know that there were camels in Australia. We saw farm tours for AUD 25 a person and knew we had to go.
WHAT TO DO
- Visit the cafe
- Check out the storefront full of camel products
- There are a lot of health benefits to camel milk made products
- Go on a tour of the farm. (they have a variety of tours to choose from.)
- Feed the camels (for only AUD 2 a bag!)
- Go on a camel ride (starting at AUD 20!)
SUMMER LAND CAMEL FARM ENTRANCE FEE
There is NO entrance fee. Whoop whoop! So if you’re trying to ball on a budget, you don’t have to go on a tour. You can just hang out in the cafe, see some camels (or feed them by getting rid of those weighty $2 coins!), and take in the beautiful acreage that the farm is on.
*Closed on Public Holidays*
Our open tip: Get to the farm at 9 am when the farm opens and enjoy a coffee made with camel milk along with breakfast before a tour begins (and before the crowds get there)!
WHAT TO WEAR
Our biggest tip here would be to make sure to wear close-toed shoes of some kind (try to avoid sandals!)
With the fact that you’ll be on a farm, it’s a bit hard to completely avoid the fact that you will be stepping in something that’s not grass or dirt. Farm life at its finest, am I right?!
RANDOM FUN FACTS
- They filmed a lot of the movie San Andreas here!
- Summer Land Camel Farm is the third largest camel dairy in the WORLD and the largest in Australia. They have hundreds of Australian camels on their farm that help contribute to the production of camel milk products (all of which you get to learn about on one of their tours!).
- As a cattle farmer adding one or two camels to your cattle provides many benefits– one of them being that camel saliva adds a natural probiotic to your cattle water supply!
TO LEARN MORE
You can find out more about the cost of a visit and all the extra details on their website.