Located in the Queensland hinterland, Tamborine Mountain is full of beautiful scenery and has a plethora of activities to participate in — one of them being a wine tour with The Vino Bus.
HOW MUCH IS THE TOUR:
- $150 AUD
WHAT THE TOUR INCLUDES:
- Tastings at five awesome wineries/distilleries/breweries
- Pickup in Brisbane (this alone was worth it for us – an hour to get to Mount Tamborine, an hour to get back, and all of the driving in between allowed us to truly enjoy the whole experience and be wine happy. 😉)
- A delicious two-course lunch at one of the wineries.
- Snacks and water on the Vino bus for those of us that get the munchies and need to rehydrate.
**According to the website there is also an optional cheese factory visit and an optional visit to the scenic lookout to grab some amazing shots** (We got to indulge at the cheese factory 🤤)
WHERE DOES THE TOUR TAKE YOU:
- Fortitude Brewing Company *optional
- Witches Chase Cheese Factory *optional
- Scenic Lookout *optional
What was unique about this tour for us was that our tour guide got behind the bar at all of the stops and talked us through each winery tasting, as opposed to an employee of each winery.
There was a bus that picked us up from the city of Brisbane and drove us down to Tamborine Mountain. The bus also picked up another small group of people on the way down to the wineries. In total it took a little over an hour to get there.
FIRST STOP- Mason Wines
SECOND STOP- Tamborine Mountain Distillery
THIRD STOP- Hampton Estate Winery *had lunch
FOURTH STOP- Witches Falls Winery
FIFTH STOP- Fortitude Brewing Company
Somehow, we managed not to take any photos at all at the last stop!
Overall our Tamborine Mountain wine tour with The Vino Bus was absolutely lovely! We would highly recommend this company to anyone that is looking for a wine tour in the Brisbane area, and definitely ask for PJ as your tour guide!
Interested in learning more about Australian adventures? Head here!